Smartphones are an integral part of our lifestyle today. And even though we all strive to keep our devices updated with cutting-edge technology, we cannot buy a new mobile phone every day. People usually stick to one phone for at least a couple of years unless the phone gets irreparably damaged or lost.
Smartphones are expensive, and buying a new phone is a significant decision that can impact your finances. However, if you want to buy the best smartphone model at the lowest possible cost – there are a few ways to do so. This article discusses a few tips and ideas to remember and how to buy a mobile on EMI. It will help you get the best model without breaking the bank and ensure you make the most of your money.
- Evaluate Your Needs – There are hundreds of cell phones in the market with all sorts of features and knick-knacks. The cost of a smartphone depends on the features available in the phone. Think about your phone usage and the parts you need the most. If you like clicking pictures, choose a phone with a good camera. If you want to listen to music on your phone, pick a phone with great speakers. However, please do not get distracted by flashy new features in the latest phones; they can unnecessarily inflate costs for parts you may not even use. Consider the features and functionality you need and choose an affordable phone that fulfills your needs.
- Research Before You Buy – Buying a phone is not an everyday affair. Research the market to get the best model for the least amount. Visit different stores to see all the available models. Compare their prices and features to understand which phone is the best for you. You can also research the available models online.
- Buy Refurbished or Used Phones – Many people may not be aware, but buying pre-loved electronic goods is a great way to get a high-end device for a low price. Refurbished phones are almost new, while some used phones are also in excellent condition. You can get them from authorized dealers, who thoroughly check the device before selling. You will guarantee the quality of the phone.
- Buy Mobile Phones on EMI – If you consider the EMI option to buy a smartphone model outside your budget. Many retailers offer the option of purchasing mobile phones in monthly installments, so you don’t have to incur the lumpsum cost. You can also check e-commerce websites to understand how to buy mobile on EMI. If possible, look for a dealer who offers EMI without interest – or else, you may end up paying more than the cost of the phone.
- Look for Discounts & Deals – Many smartphone retailers offer discounts and deals. Sometimes, they have a good offer from the mobile phone company or a carrier. You can also get cashback on your purchase if you have a particular debit or credit card. Sometimes, instead of purchasing a new model as soon as it is launched, you can get a better price just by waiting two or three months.
- Sell or Trade-in Your Old Mobile Phone – Whether you buy online or through a retailer, they can help you sell or trade-in your old phone for an additional discount. If the exchange offer does not give you a good deal, check the used phones market to determine how much you can get for your phone. If your old phone is in good condition, you may get back a good chunk of your cost.
- Purchase a Cell Phone Directly from the Manufacturer – Usually, buyers don’t explore buying a smartphone directly from the manufacturer. The prices on the manufacturer’s store or website may seem comparatively higher. Still, it can help you save some money in the long term. For example, smartphones bought from the manufacturer are SIM-free and unlocked. You may also get additional benefits such as higher storage, better support, and guaranteed returns from the manufacturer.
Ultimately, thorough research can bring up some good options for affordable smartphones. You may find that exploring your options patiently can bring up the best deals. Remember, a little effort in making informed decisions can go a long way in reducing the financial burden of purchasing a new mobile phone while ensuring you still enjoy the latest features and functionalities. Start implementing these tips today and watch your savings grow without compromising your smartphone experience.